The Jack Petchey Achievement Award Scheme is here to recognise and reward any student at QK who has achieved in whatever way. Students may be nominated by anybody and the final selection of who should get the award is made by all of us.
This happens by voting using our VLE, the awards are part of our community and are decided by our community.
- Wai Jing Lau, in Year 8. Wai Jing was nominated for her work ethic and participation in the Year Community and for being a supportive role model for her peers.
- Emilo McAllister-Fognini in Year 9. Emilio has gained his award in recognition of his leading role in the Year Community and for being pro-active in becoming a responsible QK citizen.
- Mohamed Hammeda in Year 9. Reason for award: Mohammed’s significant contribution to our Student Voice and School Council.
- Albion Thaqi in Year 11. Reason for award: for his contribution to the year team and his involvement in whole school events.
- Asra Emwazi in Year 12. Asra was nominated for her dedication to her prefect role in looking after the QK farm.
- Muthalib Mohamed Abdul in Year 13. Muthalib has gained his award in recognition of his contribution to the QK Environment Group
Each winner receives a £200 cheque that is to spend not on themselves but the community.